Barrow Gurney’s pre-season nets start this Sunday 3 March at Merchant’s Academy in Bristol and will run every Sunday between 10am and Noon until the 31st.
New players are always welcome, so if you are looking to play cricket this year then why not come along or get in touch via this website or email: Barrowgurneycricket@gmail.com
There are many reasons to join Barrow Gurney Cricket Club but here are just a few:
- Our lovingly-maintained ground is one of the most picturesque in the area with views over Dundry Hill, the Barrow reservoirs and Long Ashton, also with a wonderful view of Bristol’s famous balloons (who are regular visitors) and the planes arriving at Bristol Airport.
- We offer 3 weekend teams (2 Saturday, 1 Sunday) and regular T20 friendlies throughout the summer ensuring cricket for everyone of all abilities. Women & girl cricketers are welcome and are a regular feature in all our sides and have their own newly-built changing facilities.
- Young players (14 and above) are encouraged to play in the senior sides as well as in an Under 15 team which has its own fixtures.
- Newly refurbished practice facilities and weekly practice sessions.
- A friendly and welcoming environment for players, families and supporters in the pavilion and bar; with regular social events in the summer months.
- A small well-run club which makes the most of its limited resources and puts every penny back into improving the facilities available.
- A safe environment for all in accordance with ECB guidelines.